Tuesday, March 29, 2011

High Fives: Hilo's Where My Heart Is

5 things I enjoyed this past week.  Whether it was cheering on my nieces, reuniting with old friends, having time to do things I enjoy, or discovering hidden treasure...all of these file under: "Reasons for Moving Home to Hilo."

The Haili Volleyball Tournament.  The second largest event in Hilo Town (The Merrie Monarch Festival takes 1st by a landslide.).  This event attracts teams from all across the islands, male and females ranging from elementary to retirees.  It was a treat to watch both my nieces play in two totally different levels of competition.  Kamalu, who's 12 ( yes, she's 12 and about 5'10" and growing), has been playing for about 5 years.    Leiali'i, at 8 years old, played in her very first Haili tournament.  Talk about playing their hearts out.  Cheering on the court and just as loud from the bench.  These teens and youngsters display a genuine love for the game.  Especially Leiali'i and Kamalu.  One of the many reasons for our move to Hilo.  This aunty needs no megaphone.  I am by far the loudest voice at all of their games.  I probably could tone it down a notch...or, maybe not.  Be ready Coach Shoji. In about 6 years and 10 years down the road, you got two up and coming Wahine Warriors!

{1. Leiali'i and her 10 and under team. 8 years old and rocking her Lululemon headband.}

{2.  Kamalu and her 14 and under team.  12 years old and she's seriously almost taller than the net.}

{3.  Ty's...ahem...I mean Dr. Desilva's Dirty 30 Birthday = Mini HHS Class Reunion.  
P.S.  LOVE the birthday candle action.}



{4.  A Slower paced life allows for "Baking Pizza at Home Nights."  
Not to mention, time to cut hearts out of pepperonis.  :o)}


{5.  Discovering talented local artisans like Katie from Jewels of The Beach.  
LOVE my new JEWELS!}

Wishing you many hugs and high 5s.  Where ever you call home with the ones closest to you.

XOXO







3 comments:

  1. Haha...can I just say you remind me of Miranda in the first Sex in the City movie when she lived in California and would visit the girls in New York. Even though you're in Hilo, you jet set to Oahu for major events or just to hang out with the girls! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww. The little nuggs. :(
    Give them a hug for me....(tear)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Rae -- so glad you could stop by the blog. I love your SITC analogy. Oh yah...I'm just a hop, skip, and a plane flight away.

    @ Na'a-- We miss you!! I will definitely give them hugs for you! Try to come home before the wedding. Especially since it will be summer for the Nuggs.

    ReplyDelete